Summer Skate Camp Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations can be made up to 2 weeks prior to session start time. We will refund cancelled sessions at the same way they were originally purchased, minus a 10% transaction charge. We do not offer refunds for sessions when campers are excused for behavioral or health problems.
- ELECTRONICS – Taking photos and recording video are not allowed at any time. Skateworld reserves the right to take these items and hold them for parents at pick-up time.
- SAFETY – Always skate, run, throw, and play safely. Stay out of employee-only areas. Do not go outside without a staff member.
- •ALLERGIES – Food allergies are serious, no swapping or sharing food at lunch.
- LISTEN and ASK FOR HELP – Camp Counselors are here to help everyone. If you need anything or are upset about something, let a counselor or the CAMP Director know as soon as possible. Remain with your counselor during group time. Listen to all staff members and follow their instructions.
- PERSONAL SPACE – Respect everyone’s personal space. No hitting, punching, pushing or unwanted touching is allowed. We keep our hands to ourselves.
- RESPECTFUL and KIND – Be respectful of yourself, your counselors and your fellow campers. Treat others kindly and include others. Profanity, teasing, bullying and mean words are not allowed. Help others who need it or ask for it.
- BE HONEST – Everyone makes mistakes! Always tell the truth. Do not take other people’s things without asking.
PRIDE – Take pride in Skateworld. When you make a mess, clean up your mess. Throw trash away in the trash cans. Pick up the games when you are done. Clean up your tables after a meal.
I hereby give permission for my child (or children) to participate in the following activities: roller skating, inline skating, speed skating, bowling, Xbox dance games, and other common roller rink and family entertainment activities. I also give permission for my child to walk (supervised) to off-site visits to local businesses, schools, parks, and other activities (weather permitting). The named activities are a representation of possible activities and are subject to change. I understand that these activities involve some risk and that Skateworld is not responsible for any accidents or injuries, or damages to or loss of clothing, money or any other personal belongings. Skateworld recommends that every participant brings a change of clothes in case of spills, damage, or wetness.
- In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way at camp at Skateworld or on any off-site camp-related field trips, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- 1. The risk of injury from the activities involved is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist even when these activities are conducted in accordance with all such rules and with close supervision. These activities are inherently dangerous, and,
- 2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS, and assume full responsibility for my or my child’s participation; and,
- 3. I willingly agree that my child must comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. Failure to comply with staff instructions regarding these terms and conditions is grounds for expulsion from further activities and/or expulsion from the premises. I understand the rink will attempt to contact the parent/guardian listed below at the contact information provided upon an expulsion and that no minor child shall be expelled from the premises without express consent of the parent/guardian.
- 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SKATEWORLD and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE.
- 5. If it should become necessary for my child to receive medical treatment for any reason, I understand the SKATEWORLD does not offer and is not responsible for primary insurance coverage. I understand it is my responsibility to obtain or have available adequate primary coverage for my child.
- 6. In addition, I authorize and consent to all medical, surgical and hospital procedures as may be performed by a licensed physician or emergency responder to safeguard my child’s health in the event that a medical procedure is immediate and we cannot locate the parent or guardian to obtain permission. I waive my right to informed consent for such treatment.
- 7. I understand that temporary emergency measures may be necessary to safeguard my child’s health. I authorize and request personnel from SKATEWORLD to administer such treatment until such time that my child can be attended to by a licensed doctor or emergency responder.
- I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE WAIVED SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I SIGN FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
- I certify that I, as a parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.